Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson loses Neverland Ranch

3 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson loses Neverland Ranch Empty Michael Jackson loses Neverland Ranch

Post by Lou Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:02 am

Pop star Michael Jackson has lost ownership of his Neverland ranch in California after transferring the deeds to a company he has a share in.

Earlier this week, Jackson, 50, filed legal papers making the Sycamore Valley Ranch Company the new owner.

The company is linked to investment firm Colony Capital, which bailed the singer out in March when he owed $24.5m (£16m) on the property.

When it bought the debt, Neverland was a week away from being auctioned off.

The refinancing deal had meant that Jackson could keep the sprawling property.

Jackson, whose huge catalogue of hit records includes Billie Jean, Thriller and Man in the Mirror, has not lived at Neverland since he was acquitted of child molestation charges in 2005.

It is not clear what will now happen to the property, which he bought in 1987.

The property, which Jackson aimed to turn into a fantasy land, is named after an island in the story Peter Pan, where children never grow up.

He built a zoo and fairground on the 2,800 acre (1,100 hectare) property which is north west of Santa Barbara.

It was closed in 2006 after Jackson failed to pay his staff or maintain proper insurance.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson loses Neverland Ranch Empty Re: Michael Jackson loses Neverland Ranch

Post by HiJo Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:21 am

I wonder who would buy a place like that? It's forever linked with Michael Jackson's creepy "love" for children.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson loses Neverland Ranch Empty Re: Michael Jackson loses Neverland Ranch

Post by Lou Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:18 am

I certainly wouldnt, no matter how much money I had.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:17 am

I was wondering a while back what happened to him.
I wouldn`t want set foot any where near that place.
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down