Class

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Class

Post by Lou on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:36 am

Just thinking about class (after it was mentioned in a Corrie thread) I wondered where everyone would place the characters.
Using, under, lower, middle and higher, based on morality rather than the socio economic groups I'd put

Under

Roxy, Dawn, Max, Suzy - They all think about no one but themselves, and have no empathy with anyone else.

Lower

Shirley, Ian, Phil, Bianca - They aren't particularly nice people, but they do care occasionally in their own unique ways.

Middle

Tanya, Pat, Dot, Minty - Basically ordinary people, make mistakes, but generally have thought for other people and their feelings, and try to do the right thing.

Upper

Masood, Libby - Again not perfect, but treat people with respect and try to help rather than condemn.

Tony is just in a class of his own, 3 miles lower than underclass, sub human might describe it.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Class

Post by HiJo on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 am

I'd put Peggy, Phil and Ronnie in the lower class. Phil occasionally remembers he has a son and comes out with his old line about concentrating on Ben. Peggy can be a good loyal friend even if she spends more time being a vindictive gremlin. And I think Ronnie has a caring side, mostly for Peggy and Roxy. Neither of them really deserve it cos they don't show the same caring for Ronnie as she does for them.

Archie is definitely the underclass.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:53 am

Yes I definitely agree with Archie being underclass, anyone who treat their children the wy he treats Ronnie is the lowest of the low. Even people who have kids that have turned to crime still love them.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:03 am

I also think I'd put Chelsea in lower class, at first I thought under because she is extremely selfish. But on occasion she has shown a decent side when dealing with Libby. She also seems to have a reasonable attachment to Lucas's son (although its that long since he's been on screen, I've forgotten his name Laughing)

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content