Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday 22nd July

5 posters

Go down

Tuesday 22nd July Empty Tuesday 22nd July

Post by HiJo Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:10 pm

Aw, Patrick and Yolande! Great to see them behaving like they used to. Smile

Nasty little Abi, blaming Lauren for the break up. Why not blame the one who actually did the deed? Silly spoiled daddy's girl that she is.

Tanya was absolutely wrong to include Jack in her discussion about the kids. And Max, instead of acting with a bit of dignity (OK, he probably has none left after Lucy barfed on his shoes) had to make things worse. The only people this concerns is the kids' parents, neither Jack nor Ronnie should have any input whatsoever.

The Masood stuff was interesting but have we actually been told how much debt they're in? I might have missed it.

Lauren was great, she had every right to be annoyed. Glad she made up with her mum though.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 22nd July Empty Re: Tuesday 22nd July

Post by Arien Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Lauren was brilliant, and absolutely right. I didn't like how Tanya turned things round by talking about the past, though. Lauren was upset by how Tanya's been treating her lately, not by what happened in the past. Tanya's still not putting the girls first - if she was, she wouldn't have insisted Jack come to lunch. She's got no business allowing Jack into the decision-making process, he's not their father. I would've hated one of my parents bringing another person into the mix after they broke up.

I think if Max is bringing Ronnie, he's probably hoping to distract Jack so that he can talk to Tanya privately. But this is getting ridiculous. It's all power games now, between Tanya, Max, and Jack. The kids are getting lost in the middle, and it's not fair at all.

Arien

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Well, if we have to constantly be reminded of all the "bad" things Tanya has done in the past, it seems only fair that the good things that happened years ago should get just as much coverage. I guess some people won't be happy that Lauren forgave her mum, they'd rather she behaved like Princess Abi. Rolling Eyes
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Tanya shouldnt be bringing Jack along, but she knows how manipulative Max is, and after years of living with him she'd be more susceptible to his poor me routine. She should have asked someone else along for moral support, or asked for a meeting at a solicitors .

Having said that at least she asked Jack because he is part of the situation, whereas Max has asked Ronnie purely out of spite and oneupmanship. She's also done as we said she should and asked if its ok for Jack to move in, unlike Jase for example who has ridden roughshod over Jay's feelings.

No I dont think they've ever mentioned how much debt the Masoods are in, but for Zainab to get out the cookery that she must have been using when she was attacked (or that was my take on it), then it must have been a fair chunk.

Lucifer....charming as always Rolling Eyes
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:45 pm

J'Adore wrote:

I think if Max is bringing Ronnie, he's probably hoping to distract Jack so that he can talk to Tanya privately.

No he's not, he's bringing Ronnie to make Jack or Tanya or both of them jealous. That's all. One more act of spite.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:53 pm

I can see that not going well at all.

As long as they all live so close, I can`t see it ever running smooth.

pale
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:39 pm

I actually watched EE tonight, or 20 minutes of it anyway. It's nice to see they haven't fallen into the trap of clichés and stereotypes isn't it? Ian gasping for breath after tasting the "foreign" food, Christian The Gay in sleeveless vest with muscles rippling.......Clare the scheming blonde........... Sleep

When are they going to get rid of um Bradley? I've never hated a soap character so much in my life.
Bob
Bob

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:20 pm

mmm, yes, Christian in the sleeveless vest with muscles rippling...why are the good ones always gay?

Anyway, uh, back on topic. Jo, dude, please don't say 'some people' won't be happy when you clearly just mean me. Yeah, I'd prefer that Lauren acted like Abi, and I'll tell you why straight up. I was in that position, when I was Abi's age. My parents split up. My dad left, of his own volition. He hadn't been having an affair, but the breakup itself was essentially his fault because leaving was his decision. Obviously people have problems and there are two sides to every story, but the actual splitting up of my family happened because my dad left. I knew that. But it didn't matter, because I still missed my dad. I loved him, and I wanted him to be around the way he always had been. My mom never took another partner, but my dad did after about six months. I hated his girlfriend. I wanted absolutely nothing to do with her because I just wanted my parents together. Consider that Tanya is bringing Jack into the family home, making him a part of family life, six months after Max got kicked out. In fact, around March/April, before the burial went on, Tanya was pretending to be back with Max and he was living with her again. Max told the girls things were back to normal because he thought they were. Tanya said the same because she wanted Max to believe it. For all the girls knew, their parents were telling the truth. Three months later, Jack owns the house and is moving in. I can tell you for nothing that when I was that age, I could never have accepted Jack moving in. Maybe, after a few years of being used to my parents not being together, but definitely not after a couple of months. Abi is bratty and difficult, but she constantly says that the reason she's behaving like that is that she misses her dad and that she wants her family back the way it was. That's how I felt. So, yeah, Abi's behaviour is what I see as realistic. Not Lauren's.

Also, just to clarify, it's not that I mind Lauren making up with Tanya. It's that I see the way in which Tanya got Lauren back on side to be the exact sort of emotional manipulation that Max is constantly accused of.

Arien

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:42 am

Its not emotional manipulation, she just sat down and talked to her daughter the way any decent parent would. She asked her opinion and received a reply, there was no manipulation whatsoever. Contrast that to Max and his sudden gifts just to bribe Abi onside, but then Abi is his favourite, notice Lauren didnt get any gifts, why? Most likely because he knows Lauren has the intelligence to see through such blatant bribery and needs to be treated more like an adult, and Max cant deal with adult women unless he's sleeping with them or dominating them.

I'm sorry your parents split up J'Adore, but now as an adult and having had adult relationships can you not see it from their point of view? Or more to the point, in this case Tanyas point of view. Having been through a divorce and having had a piece of scum try and take custody of my children (but failing miserably) I can understand exactly how Tanya feels. I will never let my ex near the house, never talk to him again, never be in the same room without a solicitor present. I never buried him alive granted, but that was just pathetic writing from a bunch who have been told to sensationalise everything.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:56 am

J'Adore, I'm sorry about what happened in your childhood. It must have been a hard time for you and I do understand that children in that situation don't want to know whose fault it is they just want their parents back together. And I do wonder if you'd be quite so forgiving of Max Branning if your own dad had been a serial bed hopper. You found it hard enough to accept the girlfriend he had after the marriage broke up, how would you have felt about him if he'd broken your mum's heart by having affair after affair? Because that's what Max did. Whatever Tanya did, it came after Max let her down. How anyone can defend him is beyond me. And it's even stranger to me that Tanya's three men in fourteen years make her a slut and a whore and an unfit mother, while Max's serial philandering and abandonment of his oldest child make him a victim.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:10 am

If my dad had been kicked out because he'd had an affair, I would've hated the woman he had the affair with. No question about that. And I'd know that my family was broken because of what he'd done, but in truth, my family *was* broken because of what he did. He chose to leave, my mom never kicked him out. Even if he'd had an affair, though, I still would've wanted him back because he's my dad and I love him. That's why I understand that Abi wants Max back. He's her dad and she loves him.

Also, with Tanya, it's not that she's had three men in fourteen years. She's had three men since Stax was revealed, and that's what Lauren clocked last night. She reminded Tanya how Max had been brought back, only to disappear without reason and Tanya wouldn't explain why. She reminded Tanya about Sean, and Tanya was quick to say that Sean hadn't meant anything. Well, why was he around, then? At the time, she told him that she loved him. She allowed him to be around the girls and Oscar. If my mom had done that, I'd have been furious with her.

Arien

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:06 am

At the time she might have thought she loved him, people go through a whole host of emotions when someone destroys them. Its not uncommon at all for someone to latch on to the first person who shows them affection. It didnt happen to me, but obviously when you're going through a divorce you talk to an awful lot of divorced/divorcing people, and I would say about 75% of them went straight into a short term relationship straight after the split.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:00 am

Tanya and Jack had only been together for two weeks before Jack decided that he loved her (even though he'd previously been telling Ronnie that they were meant to be and that he loved *her*. I know you guys reckon he didn't really love Ronnie, but even if he didn't, he bandies that word about far too much for my liking). Tanya was at first speechless by this, and then in the next episode when Max was back and he was trying to come between them, Tanya said 'I love him. I do. I love you.' Before Max put the pressure on, she wasn't ready to throw out the L word. She was also very reluctant about Jack buying the house and moving in, insisting that she pay rent to him and then worrying to Jane that it was all moving too fast. Jane told her she should jump at the chance to be with Jack, and to ignore Abi's feelings because after all, Jane's been there and done that. Except not really. Their relationship has gone far too fast, and Tanya knows that. She should never have listened to Jane.

Arien

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:54 pm

I agree with what you're saying here, that Jack and tanya got together too fast. I don't think they love each other at all but I believe they think they do. That's why they're taking such a big step. I can't see it lasting, I don't even want it to last. I would rather see Tanya with the strength to be a single parent instead of always needing a man to lean on.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:16 pm

Yeah, I would too. I was hoping that's what would happen. Believe it or not, I was a fully fledged member of Team Tanya right up until Christmas. Even for a little while after Christmas. Her reaction to everything that had happened just wasn't at all what I wanted it to be. I wanted her to absolutely have the moral high ground, to really stick it to Max. And she's certainly done the 'punishing Max' part of that, but the moral high ground has gone out the window. First it was Sean, then it was Jack, and in between the two of them was the live burial, and that was insane. I wanted Tanya to kick Max out, divorce him, get sole custody of her children, and prove that she didn't need Max to support her. So much for that. If anything, she's proved that she can't survive without a man. She's living in a house owned by Jack, and running a business owned by Max. Tanya should've been a role model for women who got stepped on by men, but...she's not. And she could've been, so easily.

Arien

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:47 am

I was with you up until the last part, I'm sure the business is owned by Tanya it's under her name. And it's not Max's money, that's such an outdated concept and only belongs to those who think a woman who stays home to raise children is only entitled to pocket money at her husband's whim. The money Max earned belongs to both of them.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:16 am

Max bought Tanya the salon when they first moved to Walford. Tanya's profile on the Beeb's official site confirms this as follows:

3 Jul 2006
Max surprising her by buying the nail salon for her to run.

If you want to see the profile for yourself, here is the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/characters_cast/characters/character_tanya_b.shtml

Arien

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:49 pm

I know it was Max who put up the money for the salon, but isn't it under Tanya's name? And are you saying that Max's money is just his, his wife has nothing from her years of raising his kids and washing his socks? In a marriage, they should be equal partners. The very idea that Max buys things for the little woman is ridiculous. She's just as entitled to the money he earns as he is, until such times as she's earning for herself.

I'm quite surprised that any woman nowadays would honestly believe a stay at home mum is only entitled to whatever money her hubby chooses to dole out to her.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Absolutely, in a marriage there is no such thing as his money and her money, its such an outdated concept
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down