Jade Goody

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Jade Goody

Post by Lou on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:36 pm

I know what you mean Jo, I think her family (except the boys of course) have all behaved quite badly. They should have been persuading Jade to keep everything private, and done the same themselves.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:02 pm

HiJo wrote:My girlfriends were round tonight and one of them suggested that saving Jade would be a massive publicity coup for God. It would, wouldn't it? Just think how many people would revert to Christianity (or become Christians for the first time) if God pulled that girl back from the brink. Especially now that she's been christened, and is supposed to have God on her side. How much more effective this would be than having Mother Teresa's face inside a bagel or whatever. I'm not saying Jade "deserves" to be saved more than anyone else who is suffering, but from the publicity aspect this would be a winner. Somebody who knows more about this kind of thing could probably explain why God won't step in at the 11th hour. No
Do you really think she was "born again" though? Sadly, although I would like for her sake that she was, I doubt it. But if she was then she'll be quite happy where she is now..........

As for why did God let her die, (besides the point that if the aim is to provide proof of God's existence in order to convert people to Christianity then you should not put your Lord God to the test - Matthew 4:7) you have to ask the question was she Christened in the hope of being miraculously cured or was it to get nearer to God because she knew she was dying? I recommend reading this for a better understanding of why God "allows death and suffering":

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/why-does-creation-include-suffering

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Bob

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:15 pm

No matter what your beliefs are, today is mothers day and two little boys have lost their mother, and a mother has lost her daughter. From what I've read, Jade looked after her mum when she should have been looked after, but she came to terms with that and forgave her mum. Sometimes life doesn't turn out the way we would have liked, but we are all human and we make mistakes. I am not religious, but I think if you are genuinely sorry for your actions, then you deserve forgiveness.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:34 pm

I have read your link Bob, but I still don't understand why I should be punished for the sins of others.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:23 am

You're not - you're being punished for your own sins. Because whether you believe it or not we are all born with sin in us.

As for deserving forgiveness by being sorry for your actions, if you want to "be saved" then it is even easier than that.

I agree though that it is very sad, especially for the two little boys.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Bob

Number of posts : 67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Very interesting link, Bob, though a bit depressing. Living a good life, helping others, doing your best, isn't enough to gain you entry into Heaven, only belief in God will do that.

As for Jade, I think she did become a believer at the end. It was obviously important to her that her children were christened and, for me, that was the deciding factor. Jade's not unusual in suddenly finding religion, it's said that most people turn to God in the end when there's nothing else left.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:17 am

Caring Jeff Brazier, 29, is taking Bobby, five, and Freddie, four, away on Monday for three weeks.

Despite their grief it will be the trip of a lifetime. The boys will be going to the Gold Coast in eastern Australia and will visit the jungle made famous in I'm A Celeb.

Jeff, who now has custody of Bobby and Freddie, is also taking them to visit close friends in Melbourne.

Nobody else will be with them on the "boys bonding" trip. A close friend of Jeff's said: "To say the boys are excited is the understatement of the year.

"They keep saying, 'Daddy, when are we going, when can we see the kangaroos?'

"Jeff knows how much they loved their mother but he feels they need to get right away from the media glare.

"You can't get much further away than Australia."

The pal added: "Jeff realises there is an argument for the boys attending the funeral and staying here.

"But he thinks there is a much stronger argument for them to just get away from it and remember their mum as she was."
Wish

Jeff, who has carved out a successful showbiz career and has just finished hosting the highly successful X Factor tour, is paying for the trip himself.

None of it will be paid from the trust fund set up by Jade for her boys.

A friend said: "They just want to be completely left alone for three weeks. They won't be doing any press at all."

By not taking them to the funeral, Jeff is abiding by Jade's dying wish.

Jade, who lost her six-month battle with cancer last weekend aged just 27, hated the idea the last memory Bobby and Freddie would have of her was in a "box surrounded by people crying".

Jeff seems to be doing right by the kids, I hope he continues to keep them out of the public eye. They're too young to spend their entire lives being hunted down by the press.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:25 am

I think he's doing exactly the right thing. Those little boys being excited about the trip is completely normal. They'll still be grieving for their mum though.
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:26 am

Kids view things totally different. My two were terribly upset when my mum died, but they still carried on as normal for the most part. They're far more resilient than adults.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:03 pm

I lost my dad when I was 9 years old. At the time I was very sad, but it's as an adult that I feel the loss more deeply . I think when you're a child other adults can give you what you need on a daily basis, but as an adult that parent cannot share your adult life. I feel the loss of my dad to this day, and think I always will.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:01 am

That's very sad Lulu, I can't imagine how that feels.

I hope that after today we hear no more about Jade Goody's family. I don't mind hearing about the woman herself from time to time because there's been a huge increase in smear tests and she deserves credit for that.
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:14 pm

I can't believe thousands turned out to watch this spectacle and throw flowers at the car. This is Jade Goody not some kind of saint. These people need to get lives of their own.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:13 pm

I can't either. It's bad enough going to a funeral of someone you know, but to just go for the sake of it!!

I know there are people at our local church who go to funerals of people they don't know. But they go at the request of the priest to help with the hymn singing, because people are embarrassed to sing, but don't want their loved ones to go off without a hymn or two. So that I can understand, but not this, and I couldn't understand it with Diana either.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:46 pm

This grieving en masse for a total stranger is also beyond me. I would feel that I was I was intruding on someone's personal grief.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Having just read my last post, I think I'm turning into Fred Elliot, I say, Fred Elliot.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:30 am

The comments made by Michael Parkinson yesterday have upset the bishop who married Jade and Jack and buried Jade. But I think Parky is right in what he said.
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:56 am

I think he was right as well. But TBH he would have been just as well keeping his comments to himself, because she's gone now and the sooner things get back to normal for her kids the better.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:58 pm

That's a good point, Lou. The sooner everyone stops talking about her, the better off we'll all be. But I don't think that's going to happen as soon as I thought it would, I keep hearing about how many women are asking for smear tests because of what they're calling "The Jade Effect". In that respect, she did a very good thing.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:45 pm

That's very true. I've given up putting mine off and I'm going after the school holidays Sad

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:52 pm

So you should, Lou. It'll only stay on your mind, get it over and forget about it.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Thought I'd add this here rather than start a new thread

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/8239622.stm

Jack Tweed, the widower of reality television star Jade Goody, has been remanded in custody charged with one count of rape.

The 22-year-old, who lives at Repton Park in Chigwell, Essex, did not apply for bail when he appeared at Redbridge Magistrates' Court.

His next appearance will be on 21 September at Snaresbrook Crown Court.

The attack is alleged to have happened in Redbridge, Essex, early on Friday morning, a Met Police spokesman said.

Police said Mr Tweed was arrested on Friday morning along with a 20-year-old man following a complaint from a woman.

A third man, who is 25, was arrested on Friday night and is being held at an east London police station.

The 20-year-old has been released on bail pending further inquiries.

Mr Tweed married Jade Goody a month before the Big Brother star died of cervical cancer in March.

I can't say I'm surprised, anyone who can attack a teenager is capable of anything.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Whether he's guilty of this or not, everyone knows he's an idiot who used Jade. The only one who didn't know it was her.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:36 am

I'm not sure that he used her Jo. I think they loved each other, and despite all his faults, he made her last few months happy. He was always a bit wild, but my goodness these past few weeks he's really gone off the rails.
I'd like to be kind and blame it on grief but he's always had this side to him.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:22 pm

You're a nicer person than me Lulu Wink because I honestly believe if Jade had no fame or money he wouldn't have looked twice at her.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4