Holiday Showdown

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holiday Showdown

Post by Lou on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:52 am

I used to watch this when it first started and it was fairly reasonable, similar families with just different holidaying styles.

Just watched one where they put a biker family from Kent together with a polo set family (where the woman was once romantically involved with Prince Charles!) together. Its obvious that they are just never going to agree on anything No

It was much better when you had families who said 'we wouldnt have thought of doing this, but actually its not that bad'.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday Showdown

Post by HiJo on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:20 am

I watched it a few times but it's now just like wife swap, they pick people as different as they possibly can. But instead of being interesting it really makes it all a bit predictable. I prefer it when the families are broadminded enough to just try something different rather than complain about it all the time. Makes me wonder why they even bother going on programmes like this if they can't leave their own comfortable little rut. No
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:15 pm

I watched another one earlier today, and one the second leg only one family turned up. The second family were so disgusted in the way the first family shouted and reprimanded their children that they wouldnt go to their choice of holiday with them. Laughing

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:04 pm

I bet the producers were happy 🤣