X Factor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

X Factor

Post by Lou on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:19 am

Does anyone watch the X Factor?

I usually catch some of the auditions, and then the last couple of weeks. But I dont watch it regularly, and have never voted Very Happy
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: X Factor

Post by louastra on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 am

No never watched it, really dislike it, only thing similar I like to watch is BBC`s Fame Academy.
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:56 pm

What spoils it for me is the pathetic sob stories. Everyone, unless they're very lucky have had a crock of shot happen in their past, but there's no need to air your dirty washing in public.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonze on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:33 am

I usually watch the auditions, and then stop watching towards the end.

Getting really fed up with the sob stories.
You can tell they are coming when the background music changes.

One yesterday was a bit bizarre - a girl who lived in a town where there had been a couple of teenage suicides.
Although it was never mentioned whether she actually knew any of the teens involved, but they built her up to be the town's 'last hope'.
If she did well then the town would be saved.
I couldn't see the connection.... confused
Bonze

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:11 am

I missed that one, I watched until one came on with the sob story about having 3 of her 5 kids taken into care because she took drugs. Says something to me that the ones she had before she stopped are still in care Neutral, means the authorities still dont believe her.

Anyway it was just too much and I turned over, if I want to watch sob stories I'll watch Sky's Real Lives channel.

But no, I cant see the connection between two kids killing themselves and winning X Factor!
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:32 am

Bonze wrote:

One yesterday was a bit bizarre - a girl who lived in a town where there had been a couple of teenage suicides.
Although it was never mentioned whether she actually knew any of the teens involved, but they built her up to be the town's 'last hope'.
If she did well then the town would be saved.
I couldn't see the connection.... confused

That's so funny. I suppose nothing bad had ever happened to the girl and she just had to go for whatever she could. 🤣
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Keely wont work with Cowell

Post by Lou on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:46 am

MOUTHY Kelly Osbourne says she will never work Simon Cowell - because of his huge ego.

The 23-year-old said she understood why her mum Sharon quit as a judge on Simonís show the X Factor, earlier this year.

Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole has replaced Sharon in the current series of the talent show.

Kelly said: "I don't know how he gets his head through the holes in his T-shirts because they're really tight.

"You don't have enough money in this world to pay me to work with Simon Cowell."

And she said the only reason why she hasnít boycotted the X Factor this year is because she's a big Girls Aloud fan.

Sharon would be proud!

I would have thought Simon Cowell would be pleased that he'll never have to work with her, the whole family are a bunch of freaks Laughing
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:08 am

Well I would like to see JLS win tonight, although I reckon it'll be Alexandra that does, but to me she's too warbly like Leona Lewis and I cant stand Leona.

I dont want Eoghan to win, he's good for his age, but he's not a star.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:33 am

I would also like JLS to win, but Alexandra is the favourite. I don't think Eoghan is ready emotionally for this. Last weeks tears were way over the top. There have been enough floods in the South, I don't think any more are needed.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Also, Eoghan cannot possibly win with that dodgy hairstyle. Only joking, he seems like a really nice lad, and he can sing well, but I don't think he's going to win tonight.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:29 pm

I've never seen X Factor and wouldn't have even heard of Eoghan if it wasn't for Harry Hill. He's been taking the mickey out of the lad for weeks. Laughing
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Laughing Yes I can see him as a prime candidate for someone like Harry Hill, and its the hairdo that does it.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:07 pm

I havent watched the results show yet, the kids wanted it taping to watch it Rolling Eyes
But I gather Alex won and JLS came second. I reckon JLS will do very well anyway.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:18 am

Just watched the result show and TBH I'm gutted Alexandra won. During the song with Beyonce they sounded virtually the same, she sounds the same as Leona, she cries at the drop of a hat for sympathy. I would have loved to see something different, I hate the warbling 'woe, woe, woooeee' that Beyonce, Leona and Alexandra do, it reminds me of the crap pub singer on the karaoke.

And JLS's version of Hallelujah was stunning, a thousand times better than Alexandra's.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:02 am

JLS fans, wipe away those tears, the story is only just beginning for Britain's new favourite boy band.

The lads might have lost the X Factor to Alexandra Burke, but they are reportedly on the verge of signing a multi-million pound record contract with mega-label Sony BMG.

Louis, who reckons the group can be as big as Westlife, will manage the group.

Good luck to 'em!

I reckon they'll do better than Alexandra

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:25 pm

I guess they still be around longer, and at least you hear them on radio, and know who they are, not just some other female singer thinking they the next Maria Carey.
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top