January 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down

January 2011

Post by HiJo on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:48 pm

This is turning out differently from what I expected. I thought Ronnie was going to believe that Tommy is her James but she doesn't. Not yet, anyway. In tonight's episode she was grieving so badly for her own baby. It somehow makes it worse, that she's aware of what she's done.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: January 2011

Post by HiJo on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace are making a very good job of the grieving parents. They're far more convincing than Ronnie is. She's just behaving like a spoilt brat again, which is normal for Ronnie.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Yes, Kat and Alfie are exactly as you'd expect grieving parents to be. The bit in the park with Morgan was a nice touch. Even Charlie is acting as you'd expect. I thought Jane was a bit tactless saying 'we don't all blame you' Shocked

I'm sure the health visitor wouldn't just put the club foot down to a mistake just like that, it seemed a bit convenient.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:08 pm

I would definitely blame Charlie if I was Kat, but I do feel sorry for him. He'd give anything to go back and do it again. Her fury is so understandable, it's not the first time his neglect has resulted in trauma for her.

HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:03 pm

I feel really sorry for Charlie. TBH a new baby isn't usually watched continuously 24 hour a day.

Samantha Janus is just rubbish, there was no reaction at all to Kat storming in saying 'I want him back'.

Every time I hear Jane say Hello Captain (or whatever the name is after they've had a romp) I feel sick pale I wish they'd stop it.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Charlie knew Kat and Alfie were at the hospital and Mo was helping out downstairs and probably drinking her bodyweight in gin. Never mind the baby dying, who was even going to feed him or change his nappy if Mo and Charlie were both drunk? Kat's also remembering that Charlie was no support when she had her first child either. I think this is Derek Martin's exit storyline, which is probably a shame even though Charlie's useless.

I don't want to think of Ian and Jane in bed together. Some things are just too horrible.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Jean got out of hospital for the day for the baby's funeral, like Kat doesn't have enough problems. I couldn't take my eyes off Jean's legs. Somebody must have once told her she suited short skirts. Baking the cake was a nice thing for Mercy to do but I understood why Fatboy was baffled. The cake wasn't going to make Kat feel better.

So is that it over now? Typically selfish of Ronnie to completely ignore Jack. Didn't even stop long enough to tell him his baby's dead.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Is it over? I'm not so sure, I reckon she'll bottle it, not sure how yet.

What on earth was all that with the two bimbos, I could have slapped them for being so thick.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:01 pm

God what a frustrating episode, good job it's not in front of an audience or I would have been sat there screaming 'spit it out'! Evil or Very Mad

I'm glad Tamwar stood up for himself.

Well at least the tube made a change from leaving in a black cab Very Happy

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm

It was a bit strange though. The only person who doesn't get to leave in a black cab is a cabbie. Very Happy

The two bimbos were awful. I thought Poppy was Lauren Branning at first. Was it supposed to be funny? Because it just seemed bizarre to me.

So it's not over then.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Going back a couple of hundred episodes! Where did the Masoods get the money to pay off all their debts? I don't remember them coming into a windfall, certainly nothing that meant they could buy the Argie Bargie and just happen to have 3,000 put aside for building work.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:56 pm

I know, it's brilliant how easily money problems are solved in Walford. Phil hadn't a penny to his name, now look at him. And the Masoods had a potential debt storyline when they first arrived that came to nothing.

Patsy Palmer was good tonight. What a nightmare for poor Bianca. Hope Ricky doesn't get the blame, but then there's no other man around is there? Maybe that'll be her exit storyline, she takes the kids and leaves Ricky because of this.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:30 am

Is she leaving then? I know she only had a fixed contract when she arrived, but I thought it'd been extended.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:45 pm

I think she's on maternity leave, Lou. She had a baby boy about a month ago. But Bianca knows about Connor now, so her exit storyline will be that she goes to prison for murder, or attempted murder if he's not dead. I'm not bothered, as long as they don't have her running away like every other Walford criminal does.

I thought Max was a hypocrite for being so judgemental over Carol. At least she's not committing adultery even if sleeping with Connor is a bit disgusting.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 am

Yes, I thought Max had a bit of a cheek, he's hardly one to talk. I don't remember much else happening last night, it all revolved around Connor.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Big surprise, Bianca runs away. Rolling Eyes Carol taking the blame is the first decent thing she's done in months.

Roxy was very sweet to Alfie tonight. Poor man's in need of some TLC cos he's not getting any from Kat.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 pm

I hope Kat and Alfie have sorted out their differences cos I'm getting bored with them. Their grief is one thing, but Kat's always treated Alfie with no respect so her recent behaviour is nothing new.

I wonder if we'll see Bianca's trial? I wouldn't think so.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:29 pm

No, I reckon it'll be a case of 'oh by the way, your mum's been sent down for 12 months'....then everyone will carry on as before.

I laughed when Christian said 'I'm pregnant', I can't get used to this new man thing, with couples saying 'we're pregnant', for me it was always the woman is pregnant, the man never is.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:27 pm

That's just another annoying Americanism. Of course WE are not pregnant, unless he also gets the aches and pains and the Farmer Giles. scratch

I thought Amira and her baby would have made a re-appearance by now. Maybe they'll wait till Roxy's pregnant, then bring Amira back to upset the applecart.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Ugh, Ian makes me feel ill. Much as I dislike Phil Mitchell, I just love to see Ian suffering at his hands. Trying to blackmail Masood is just typical Ian.

HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:18 pm

I really didn't want so much information about Christian' sperm pale and Roxy's ovulation.

Yes, I'm glad Phil saw through Ian's attempt at blackmail, the little weasel.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 pm

I can't believe Christian went into a sulk because Syed wasn't happy with him 'doing the deed' without his say so. No one would go ahead without talking about it first.

I didn't think much of Tanya's fake voice Laughing Not very convincing.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:39 pm

That's the first time I've actually felt sorry for Ben, the new Ben. Up till now I've found him very wooden and unconvincing. And why do they always have to make teachers look stupid? Would anyone really jump to such a silly conclusion based on what Ms Underwood saw in Ian's front room?
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:47 pm

I forgot about that, yes that was stupid. Two women in a meeting and you automatically assume they're lesbians Rolling Eyes

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Ian's face was an absolute picture when Phil kept thanking him Very Happy Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I'm not surprised there was no money to pay the stall rent, there can't be anyone left to buy anything from there.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content