Sex and the City 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sex and the City 2

Post by HiJo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Went to see this with my friends and we all thought it was great. The two and a half hours just flew past. It's had some terrible reviews though.

One criticism aimed at it was that "the girls" (puh-leese! The youngest of them is 44!) are too difficult to empathize with now. One scene where Charlotte, a full-time mum who also has a full-time nanny, admits she cannot cope with her two little children and so badly needed a break from them, caused howls of outrage from women all over the country, apparently. It didn't bother me in the slightest. Charlotte has always been a pampered New York princess right from the first episode. And I loved the series and the first film because I found them funny, not because these four wealthy, cocktail sipping, designer-wearing women had any echoes of my own life. If only! Laughing
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sex and the City 2

Post by Lou on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:09 pm

I have to be the only person in the world who hasn't seen either the tv series or the films Embarassed

I'm not really a girly girl when it comes to tv or film, so it's never appealed to me.

I'm looking forward to the new Twilight film though, which is about as girly as I get.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top