Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EE Thread for May

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

EE Thread for May Empty EE Thread for May

Post by HiJo Mon May 03, 2010 2:55 pm

I was so surprised at the final scene. I never though Masood would do something like that but I can't blame him. The biggest mystery is how this lovely man has lived for so long with such an annoying woman, a control freak with more than her share of bitchiness, someone who doesn't care a toss about other people's opinions. To see Mas finally lose patience with her, that scene at the table with Tamwar was so well done. The poor lad kept trying to get away, can't say I blame him.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

EE Thread for May Empty Re: EE Thread for May

Post by Lou Mon May 03, 2010 3:39 pm

I can understand Mas getting upset, but he had no right to throw her out. I'm actually annoyed at the writers, because the Masoods can into the show as a really loving family, but like every other family the writers have destroyed them.

I really can't be bothered with the threesome, it was so ridiculous when both phones went off together.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm

I must admit to being pleased that Masood threw Zainab out, because I thought it was just going to be the same old routine over and over again, with him forgiving her and her not learning a thing and carrying on as she always has. It was quite brave of the writers to do that because she has a tiny baby. But she handed the baby off to its father because she didn't want the tedium of his day to day care, so it seems her maternal instinct applies to Syed and nobody else. I get quite annoyed at the way she treats Tamwar, she has no respect for him and he tries so hard to please her. As for the absent daughter, I think mum has completely forgotten about her.

Tonight's episode showed again what a horrible person Roxy Mitchell is. Some of us have said this all along. Wink
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue May 04, 2010 3:50 pm

I have to admit I keep forgetting they have a daughter, can't even think of her name at the moment Laughing

I don't think the police are there about the drugs, seems too quick, I bet Jay has been up to something.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu May 06, 2010 1:26 pm

I started the episode feeling sorry for Billy and ended it wanting to slap him. He's absolutely pathetic. Those poor little souls with only him to depend on, and Jay too. Jay has no experience of little children, yet he had the sense to put them to bed and read them a story while Daddy was whining in Phil's ear, swamped with self pity as usual. I really can't take to Billy Mitchell at all. He knows the children's routine is already disrupted, they don't know what's going on, so he dumps them on people who are complete strangers to them.

I hope Jack's clinic fees don't have Roxy coming to the rescue, but I can't think of any other way it can work. It would be nice if she actually helped some of her family financially.

As for Syed, it took about an hour for him to break the promise he made to his father. It was good to see Christian seeing him as he really is and dumping him, but I don't think that will last. I think they'll get back together.

And Lucy Beale, I hope Zsa Zsa thumps her Twisted Evil. I've liked Zsa Zsa recently, she's improved so much since she first appeared. She's shown herself to be quite a caring girl with her attitude to Ben and she was so nice to Peter tonight.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu May 06, 2010 2:53 pm

I totally agree about Billy, yes he was upset, but that's no excuse for bailing on your kids, especially when they're so young and need their father around. And TBH I don't know why he felt the need to explain what had happened to Honey, the kids were too young to understand, he could have just said they were having a holiday with him for a while.

I missed the promise from Syed, but gathered that he said he'd stay away from Christian. No sympathy for him from me.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri May 07, 2010 3:10 am

I agree with Lou, Billy didn't need to say anything to the children about the car crash. Heather's lack of commonsense showed too, when she told him he should talk to them about it. I can't believe he walked out on them because he couldn't cope, what a selfish attitude. Imagine Phil, not much use as a father himself, having to instruct Billy in how to behave.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sat May 08, 2010 12:25 pm

I know I watched Friday's episode, but I can't for the life of me remember what happened, except for Peter finding out that Lucy had aborted the baby. So I guess it won't be long until Jane finds out.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 pm

The writers are being silly again. Does Ian really think that pretending the book club is cancelled or even sending Jane away on holiday is going to keep that secret safe forever? Especially now it's a secret no more and half the square knows?

Masood was quite brutal with Jane tonight but he was right. She can't even run her own family so why is she giving family advice to others? It was a low blow, pointing out that she's not the mother of the Beale children, but Masood has been acting so out of character lately.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon May 10, 2010 2:46 pm

I think Masood was harsher than usual because he probably feels betrayed by Jane as well, since she knew about Christian and Syed.

Tamwar is right, cutting Syed out of photos is not going to erase him from their memories.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed May 12, 2010 2:33 pm

So nice of Christian to blank Syed like that, after all the trouble he caused him No

I didn't know that Janine was running the bookies, when did that happen?

God I hope nothing happens between Mas and Jane, I don't think I could stomach it.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu May 13, 2010 2:12 pm

What a vile thing for any mother to say to her son Evil or Very Mad Especially over something he has no control over.

And who doe Roxy think she is, telling Syed to leave, I didn't quite understand her asking what was on the Square for him. Because he has as more family there than Christian, who only has Jane, whereas Syed has his entire family.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu May 13, 2010 5:07 pm

While it makes good drama, it's been such a disappointing outcome for the Masood family. We all knew that the family would disintegrate because no EE family gets to stay together, not even the dysfunctional Mitchells since Grant and Sam couldn't get far enough away. But I did hope that Mas and Zainab would pull together and get through their problems but as usual EE has to split them up.

Zainab, I think, is mentally ill. She's on the verge of a breakdown and she just can't cope. I don't think Masood realised how close to the edge she was until tonight, or he surely wouldn't have planned to go away and leave little Kamil in her care.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sat May 15, 2010 2:40 pm

What a silly storyline, Billy having the drugs taped under the furniture. Do none of the writers actually have children? Because toddlers spend 90% of their time at floor level and crawling under the furniture is part of it. Janet would have found that and ripped it off within minutes. Disappointing but obvious that Billy couldn't just find himself a second job, he has to become a drug dealer.

And why do the Walford residents insist on throwing each others clothes out into the street? The other week it was Mas, tossing out Zainab's clothes. Tonight it was Zainab with Syed's things. The Mitchells frequently throw clothes out of the first floor window, and Ian's underwear has hit the street more than once. I just love how they all make their problems so public then when someone comments, as Minty did, they get told to mind their own business. Laughing
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sat May 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Laughing Maybe they just like putting bags out for the charity collectors! It is stupid though, how did Zainab manage to clear the entire flat of Syed's stuff, cart it over to the house, then clear the house of any remains of him, all before they got back from the hospital, oh and look after a small baby at the same time.

Billy has never managed to use his 2nd brain cell yet, no wonder he makes the wrong choices all the time, that one braincell must be worn out by now.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon May 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Janine's turn to pick up her undies from the street. Rolling Eyes

Phil was so annoying tonight. How can he behave like a big bully and still have everyone rushing to do his bidding? I don't like defending Roxy but he did have a cheek dumping Louise on her like that. What a shame the social worker didn't walk into the Vic in time to see Phil set about the dishwasher with a baseball bat. That's the real Phil.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue May 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Lol, I thought the same when I saw Janine's clothes being tossed into the street Laughing

I'm glad Louise finally coughed up, I know we should feel sorry for Ben in a way because it's the treatment he had with Stella that's making him do it. But I don't, he's a snivelly brat, who I just can't take to.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu May 20, 2010 2:49 am

I'm sure Phil will realise where Ben's coming from and handle the whole thing with his customary sensitivity. Laughing

I'm afraid I don't like either of Phil's children. I really want Ben to stop seeing Phil as a hero and I simply cannot take to Louise at all. She's a nasty, sneaky little thing.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu May 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Yup, he managed his customary sensitivity alright Laughing

What a miserable cow Chelsea is, anyone else would have seen the funny side of her picture in the paper Rolling Eyes
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu May 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Phil = Mr. Sensitive Laughing Mr. Irony as well, when he called Heather fat and stupid. I just loved how he dealt with the problem

"VIOLENCE IS WRONG!" Whack!

Laughing
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri May 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Well Phil's little talk certainly hit the mark! And what a brilliant idea of Denise's, stick two boys that hate each other in a garage with loads of tools Rolling Eyes

The Masoods are back to normal then, Mas trying to say his piece and being shouted down by Zainab.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon May 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Just when I think Phil is as horrible as he can be, he hits a new low. I was sickened by the way he closed the door in Lucas's face when told Jordan was missing, yet demanded half of Walford went out looking for his own missing child just a few days ago. And to actually wish a little boy would die just to protect the Mitchell name? He's not doing it for Ben, he's made such a mess of that boy already.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon May 24, 2010 4:42 pm

I totally agree, the depths to which Phil will sink seem to know no bounds. Have you read anything about either of the boys leaving? I can't work out how this story would play out unless Jordan has amnesia from the blow to the head, otherwise Ben should be off to court if he wakes up, or Jordan doesn wake up Sad

The knitting saga was a totally cliché, hands up all those who thought she'd be able to knit a bonnet.........no takers lol.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue May 25, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm glad Ben has confessed to Minty, it would have been a bit much for him to become as uncaring as his dad overnight.

I really don;t care about this silly bet thing with Janine.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu May 27, 2010 4:08 pm

I didn't think Ben would be able to keep quiet, I thought at one point Lucas was going to bump him off!

I didn't really watch it all properly, but I noticed Lucy was back to her normal manipulative self.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down