Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastenders thread for February

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eastenders thread for February Empty Eastenders thread for February

Post by Lou Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:18 pm

I haven't watched it fully yet, it was on in the background but the kids were talking (how inconsiderate! Laughing ), but we decided to have a monthly thread rather than daily, to make it easier.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Eastenders thread for February Empty Re: Eastenders thread for February

Post by HiJo Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 pm

I haven't seen Tuesday's ep yet but there wasn't much to interest me in Monday's. I find Stacey's friend too annoying. This habit of blurting out things she should keep to herself, I don't understand why Stacey is so patient with her when she easily loses her temper with everyone else.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:49 pm

That bar maid competition was pathetic No

I actually felt a bit sorry for Dotty at first, even though she's been horrible in the past, because it's not nice for any child to be left out, but then she reverted to her normal self and spoiled all the sympathy.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:28 am

She's a crafty little madam though. If she was an adult she'd be EE's biggest bitch, the way she manipulates people to get what she wants. But it's just too predictable to see Dot being blind to her faults just as she was with Nick. Dot doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:44 pm

I paid very little attention to tonight's episode so I don't know why Dotty and Tiffany appeared to be alone in the house together. And I can guess what'll happen when Bianca tells Dot what Dotty did. Dot won't believe it.

And it's farewell to Dr Al. We'd miss you, if only we'd got to know you better. All we really know is that you're insane if you seriously wanted Roxy to move to Cornwall with you.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Dr Al's exit has to go down as being one of the most random exits ever! What a lazy storyline.

Ricky was supposed to be taking Dotty nd Tiffany to school, but they told him Bianca as taking them, hence they were left alone Rolling Eyes

I missed how Billy new Tiff was in the wheelie bin though.

I hope Syed tells Amira the truth sooner rather than later.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks, Lou. So I was right, Dot didn't believe Bianca. I'm so smart, figuring that out. Cos it wasn't obvious or anything Sleep

I wonder what Dot will do now that she knows the truth. She had her doubts about Dotty months ago but nothing came of that.

I'm surprised the BBC hasn't had complaints about the market inspector who can't tell the difference between one black woman and another. Unless Becca claimed to be an identical twin, it's quite insulting that he didn't recognise her as the woman who claimed to be from the council.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Finally got round to watching it.

Billie and Whitney seemed to be sending each other glances. I hope nothing's going to happen between them, that's taking keeping it in the family on step too far.

Why can't the women of Walford be honest? First Ronnie and sticking pins in condoms, now Amira on the pill secretly.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:53 pm

What a dull idea for a hen party, and why would Bianca invite Janine, she can't stand her, or Zainab and Denise for that matter.

Inspector whatshername sitting in the car musing was an odd scene, the rolling eyes from the guy with her seemed to sum it up perfectly.

I reckon that was Lucy under the blanket not Bianca (unless it showed Bianca and I missed it, because my little lass was ill).
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Hope your little girl's OK, Lou. I couldn't tell you what happened in the episode, I didn't see any of it.

So Dot's finally seen Dotty's true colours. What a rotten thing to do to poor old Jim. He could obviously see through her, judging by his face when he looked at her.

I notice Billy wasn't invited to the so-called family dinner, but I don't think anyone else was bothered about attending either. And once again Ronnie physically attacks somebody. Hope she gets arrested for that, whether she's being arrested for murder or not.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Thanks Jo, yes she's better today. Strange illness, she came home from school feeling sick, moped about most of the night, was suddenly sick, then right as rain this morning!

I thought exactly the same thing, I'm fed up of seeing Ronnie hitting people left, right and centre.

I was surprised Minty was visiting Sam, I thought it was going to turn out that he was secretly working out at the gym.

Where did all these teens spring from? I know one is Shirley's niece, but I can't remember the others being introduced.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 am

I really can't wait until the live episode and we finally find out who killed Archie. It's dragging on a bit now, and I can't believe are that overstaffed they can have a senior officer loitering around the square all day Rolling Eyes

Ricky and Zainab in the shop made me laugh, with her rant about boil in the bag rice, that's how I feel about boil in the bag stuff Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:30 am

I thought it was just so unoriginal to see Ricky make such a mess of cooking dinner. Some men really can cook and even those who can't hardly ever set the kitchen on fire, which it looked like Ricky was doing.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:26 pm

What a dull episode tonight, as if we didn't all know that Ronnie would turn up at the last minute Rolling Eyes

Jim does right to roll his eyes at Dot, Dotty is a nasty little brat and would be better off in care.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:25 am

It's history repeating itself, with everyone else knowing Dotty isn't the nice little girl Dot thinks she is. I didn't understand how Dot could apologise for the smacking without mentioning the reason for it. Though I did like Dotty's smug expression disappearing when Sonia told her she might end up in care. In that scene Dotty actually looked like a little girl who hadn't thought her plan through properly, rather than the devious little madam we've seen up to now.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:43 pm

What a little slapper Sonia is. Poor old Phil, for once it wasn't his fault. Sonia did have a point though, the Mitchells go on about family and not one of them looked after Jamie's grave. Billy, at least, should have taken care of it.

And everyone on the square wears black gloves. Rolling Eyes
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:39 pm

My kids were amazed at Biancas family. They've only started watching this past year and were sat there saying 'how many more of them!' Laughing

Yup poor Phil he didn't deserve that slap for a change.

Bradley, Max and Jack are so obvious, you don't have to be Miss Marple to realise they're trying to hide something.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:08 am

Bradley looks so guilty every time Marsden glances in his direction, I'm surprised she hasn't arrested him. She doesn't usually need much of a reason.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:00 pm

So it's definitely not Janine then? Jack looked quite pleased with himself as he stood watching her being dragged into the police car. I wonder if that's because it means Ronnie and Bradley are off the hook, or if it's because he's the one who planted the ring in the teapot. I don't know how he'd get into Janine's flat though.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 pm

I was just going to type the same thing, too obvious to be Janine, even if someone was trying to frame her, not realising it really was her.

I'm still not sure who did it though, I don't think it was Ronnie or Bradley because they've been focusing on them too much.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 am

A lot of people on Digital Spy are saying it's Sean Slater. It would be the best-kept secret ever if they had Rob Kazinsky back for filming and nobody leaked it.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Natalie Cassidy hasn't half put on all that weight she lost. She looked exactly like Sonia when she left in a cab with Martin and Rebecca. Seems a shame after all her hard work, but she's obviously not supposed to be a size 8.

I didn't really understand Ronnie saying Archie couldn't be the father. I know chemo can reduce fertility but I thought it came back when the treatment stopped. I must be wrong.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Sean Slater would be totally out of the blue as the killer!

Samantha Janus must be so sick of having to punch people, the amount of times Ronnie flies at people with her fists is ridiculous.

I thought Bianca looked lovely, although the top of her dress was a bit big for her, but the bridesmaid dresses looked awful, and Sonia's hair looked like tied up dread locks.

Did we actually see Archie attacking Stacey? Because I can't remember Archie having much to do with her, which makes me wonder why he'd chose her to rape!
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 pm

I thought they did really well, I only noticed Jack fluffing his lines a bit, and Dot hiding a laugh behind her cigarette. You could tell it was live just by the short scenes though, giving each one time to check their lines before their next scene.

I didn't think it was going to be Stacey, but then again I didn't think it was going to be anyone who was staying.

Good exit for Bradley though, much better than a black cab Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 pm

I thought it was good, I wouldn't have noticed any mistakes if I hadn't watched the Aftermath programme. I liked the bit about Ronnie forgetting to pay for her stuff in the minimart and still having the money in her hand at the end of the scene. Laughing
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next