Childminding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Childminding

Post by HiJo on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:55 am

Parents who regularly look after their friends' children must register as childminders, Ofsted said as two policewomen were warned off caring for each other's youngsters.
The regulator stressed that people who baby-sit for one another's children for more than two hours at a time or for more than 14 days per year should be registered.
This applies where parents receive a "reward" for the childcare - which can include money or simply free baby-sitting in return.
According to the Mail on Sunday, Detective Constable Leanne Shepherd from Milton Keynes was warned by Ofsted to end a reciprocal arrangement with her friend DC Lucy Jarrett.

She told the newspaper: "When the Ofsted inspector turned up, the first thing she said was 'I have had a report that you're running an illegal childminding business'.
"I straightaway thought she must be mistaken, so invited her into my home to explain we were police officers and best friends helping each other out.
"But she told me I was breaking the law and must end the arrangement with Lucy immediately. I was stunned, completely devastated. I spent the whole day crying because I couldn't see how I could continue working."
The Thames Valley officer is believed to have been reported by a neighbour, the newspaper said.
A petition to scrap the rules governing reciprocal child care on the Number 10 website has gathered more than 2,000 signatures.
An Ofsted spokesman said: "Ofsted applies the regulations for the registration of childcare as found in the 2006 Childcare Act. We are currently discussing with the DCSF (Department for Children, Schools and Families) the interpretation of the word 'reward' in the legislation to establish if we might be able to make a change."

I can't remember the last time I heard anything so ridiculous. They're trying to get young mums back into work, then ruining the arrangements they have for childcare. Perhaps the authorities should concentrate on the children of junkies rather than trying to mess things up for decent people who are trying to earn a living. Evil or Very Mad

I hope the police officer finds out which neighbour reported her.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Childminding

Post by Lou on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:45 pm

It's stupi, mothers have been looking after each others kids forever, why do the government come up with rubbish like this.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:27 am

Next thing, they'll make it a crime to get someone to babysit unless they have the appropriate qualifications and government clearance. Evil or Very Mad
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:37 am

You're probably right Sally, and a CRB check to mind your friends children. All the money going into to government coffers of course Mad

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content