Toddler hit by train

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toddler hit by train

Post by HiJo on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 pm

A woman watched as her two-year-old son was hit by a train travelling at 60mph after trying in vain to stop him toddling on to a railway line, police have said.
Johnny Hall, who would have been three in October, died instantly on Monday after being hit on a level crossing at Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
Police said the little boy - who was from Peterborough - and members of his family had been visiting friends who lived next to the line.
Johnny's aunt, Eileen Connors, said the little boy's death was a "tragic accident" and no-one was to blame.

Then who is to blame? Who was watching that little boy? It's a long time since I've had charge of a two-year-old but from what I remember you hang onto them all the time when you're in a public place, especially if you're standing near a railway line. This beggars belief that the child was allowed to wander off. Evil or Very Mad
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Toddler hit by train

Post by Lou on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:37 pm

I just heard that on a news bulletin and even though the details are sketchy I tend to agree with Jo, at that age the parents are totally and utterly in charge of a toddler, and there's no way he should have been left to wander anywhere. For her to watch and not be able to reach him, he must have wandered a reasonable distance, meaning there must have been a fair amount of time when she wasn't watching him.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:49 am

I totally agree ladies. It's our job as parents to keep our children safe. Not so easy when they're teenagers and young adults, but much easier and totally necessary when they are toddlers. Life is much too precious , as this poor family have had to learn the hard way.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top