Missing for 18 years

Go down

Missing for 18 years

Post by HiJo on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:47 am

A couple accused of snatching an 11-year-old child and keeping her imprisoned for 18 years have pleaded not guilty to dozens of charges, including kidnap, rape and false imprisonment.
Phillip Garrido, 58 - who is accused of fathering two children with the captive - and his wife Nancy Garrido, 55, are alleged to have abducted Jaycee Lee Dugard from outside her Californian home in 1991 and held her in a secret back garden compound for almost two decades.
Meanwhile, forensic experts are searching the couple's property for evidence relating to the unsolved murders of a number of prostitutes.
Appearing at El Dorado Superior Court, the accused pair remained largely silent as 29 charges were laid before them. Both were denied bail.

This a horrendous story but might give hope to other people whose children have been missing for a long, long time. I don't understand how these creatures can deny kidnapping and rape though.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing for 18 years

Post by Sally on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:10 am

It's a terrible thing to have happened to that poor girl and her family. I understand she's racked with guilt now, I hope someone can get through to her and convince her it's not her fault. I don't know who's the most disgusting, the rapist or his wife.
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:15 pm

You'd think the wife would instinctively be sickened at the thought of hurting another woman.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:50 am

When you hear news like this it just makes you think.
How dare anyone take that away, living in them conditions, being abused all them years, and treated so ghastly. And them him and her grotesque creatures, trying wriggle out of it makes my skin crawl.
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: