How the other half live

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How the other half live

Post by lulu on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Has anyone else been watching this? It started last week and i's on tonight ch4 9pm. I found the programme patronising from beginning to end. Rich family meets poor family, compare lifestyles and possessions. Rich family realise how deprived poor family are and give them handouts in the form of money, computer, holiday etc. Poor family are eternally grateful and pledge forever friendship to rich family. There is no way I would have volunteered to take part in a programme like this, no matter how rich or poor I was. What it boiled down to was the rich had all the power and the poor were grateful for any scraps that were thrown their way. There was little mention of the really important things that money just can't buy. Very uncomfortable viewing.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How the other half live

Post by Lou on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:06 pm

No I never saw it, but from your description I'm glad I didn't. It's a shame people can't see past material things and realise you don't have to be rich to be happy.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:16 am

I'm not sure if this is the programme I saw advertised last week, but they billed it as this poor unfortunate family who needed help because they had absolutely nothing and showed the family's mum as weighing in at about 25 stones. Maybe if she ate less she could buy more things for her children?
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:33 am

Yes you are right Sally, it was the same programme. My husband said exactly the same thing about the size of the lady.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top