Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife Swap

4 posters

Go down

Wife Swap Empty Wife Swap

Post by lulu Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Did anyone else watch tonights programme? What a lazy woman. I think her behaviour could be classed as child abuse. She's the mother of an 18month old little girl and stays in bed,(and leaves her child in a cot) until at least 12noon. When she finally surfaces she feeds her child crisps n cola for breakfast and then goes on-line to chat to friends for most of the rest of the day. There is a cat litter tray overflowing with poo within easy reach of the child. To top it all, mum goes out 4nights a week to karaoke and husband babysits 'cos mum has baby all day.Unbelievable!
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Wife Swap Empty Re: Wife Swap

Post by Lou Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:56 am

No I missed it, I was going to look for it online but I cat find it. Was it on C4? Because all they have on 4od is Celeb wife swap.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:07 am

It's repeated tonight on ch4 at 11.10pm Lou.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:51 am

Thanks Lulu, I'll set that to record now :thumbs:
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Watched it now, and that women was a disgrace. The poor baby was so placid, probably because she's been ignored most of her life.

The other woman wasn't much better in the mentality stakes, she was too OTT the other way, and I think she probably did have OCD.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:15 pm

I thought the programme played on the stereotype of fat lazy people, and I found it unfair because of that. That woman should have been reported to social services for leaving that poor kiddy trapped in her cot for half the day. The mother was a fat disgusting chav who was too stupid to avoid a programme that would show her for what she is.

The little girl was absolutely adorable but I did notice that she didn't miss her mum at all, and at 18 months they definitely notice when Mummy's not around. The other woman had her problems too, but despite a lack of children of her own she was far more maternal towards the baby than the real mother was. As for the baby's dad, any man who would put up with that, working twelve hours then coming home to do the housework because his lazy cow of a wife thought that she was hard done by, it just made me so mad. And to find out at the end that the lazy mare was pregnant again, I just feel so sorry for the new baby too because I think she'd be back to her old ways very quickly.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:46 pm

I didn't realise she was pregnant again. Hopefully she's had a reality check and seen herself in a different light. On a lighter note, the one point I did agree with her on was why bother ironing sheets 'cos they will just get crumpled as soon as you get in the bed.I only iron what I really need to.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:07 pm

Me too, I've never ironed a sheet! My mum used to iron knickers Shocked , flipping heck they have to stretch that much when I put them on that ironing is most definitely not needed :rofl:

I agree with Jo though, just because someone is fat, it doesn't mean they are lazy, and I'm not just saying that because I'm on the larger size.

I was driving past as the carnival dancers were walking along the road the other day, and there were a lot of larger ladies there. And these are women who dance every week and do a lot of walking and dancing in the various carnivals every year, so they're not lazing in bed, but they still weren't slim. So I reckon there is something to be said for genetics.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 pm

It never even crossed my mind that this lady was on the large side,it was her attitude and behaviour towards her child and husband that apalled me . That little girl deserved so much better, and hopefully she's getting it now.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't iron sheets either but don't tell my mum. She irons TOWELS!!! I can't believe it, who wants flat towels? Laughing

I agree with Lou, I know plenty of large ladies who aren't lazy at all but I think they used this woman's size as proof that fat=useless and lazy. She was twice the size of her husband, who worked long hours, and twice the size of the woman who replaced her for a week, who also kept busy. So when they showed the fat person spending twelve hours a day in bed and the rest of the time sitting at her computer, I thought it was just too much of a stereotype.

I found myself getting quite angry at her and at her husband who also wasn't over-blessed with brains, when they both decided Mum needed about four nights out a week cos she spent all day with the baby. What I saw was her being in the same room as that poor little girl but not interacting with her at all. The child's sheer delight at getting some attention from the replacement almost made me cry.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Did anyone see tonight's episode?

That WAG wannabe was a disgrace, sending the kids to bed at 7 because they were an inconvenience to her was disgusting, And the step father wasn't any better, such a selfish pair. And for her to get a boob job and admit they couldn't afford it, when she has 3 children to look after, and who's needs should come first is disgraceful Evil or Very Mad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:37 pm

I recorded it n tried to watch it later, but it hadn't recorded. husband's gonna sort it . He says I'm a "typical woman", if it doesn't work press all the buttons,(which is true 'cos I do). Hopefully watch it tomorrow night.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:27 am

When the WAG wannabe said the person she most admires in the world is Jordan, I knew she was going to be shallow Laughing . I did feel for her though on her return home when her baby daughter wouldn't go to her, crying and clinging to her dad. The mum looked like she was going to cry.

I thought the WAG's husband changed for the better towards the end, he discovered he could actually enjoy his stepchildren's company so good for him. The other man was awful though. He had a hair trigger temper, how on earth could he work as a police officer?
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:55 am

Yes, I thought that Sally, he definitely didn't seem to be officer material.

Last edited by Lou on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Watched it tonight, and as as a step-parent myself it made me think. You can never get things just right as a step-parent. You're always trying to please everyone,(husband, children, ex-wife, grandparents on both sides) Often it's an impossible task!!! But if you go into that situation with a selfish attitude, you are doomed to fail. I did think that the WAG was very selfish, and put her new husband before her own children.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down