Mel Gibson

Go down

Mel Gibson

Post by HiJo on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:25 am

Mel Gibson's children are refusing to talk to him.

The 'Braveheart' actor's seven kids are said to be furious at their father's separation from their mother Robyn Moore Gibson - who he wed 28 years ago - and do not want to have any contact with him.

Mel's Malibu neighbour said, "The children are totally furious about the collapse of their parents' marriage. None of them are talking to their dad right now. They are very upset."

Since the 53-year-old actor announced the end of his marriage this month he has been linked with a string of women, including Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva. She is signed to Mel's production company Icon, and is the the ex-partner of former James Bond star Timothy Dalton

A source said, "This isn't the first time Mel has strayed, but this time Robyn just couldn't look the other way. Mel even set Oksana up in their own love nest in Sherman Oaks, California."

Devout Catholic Mel is so keen to finalise his divorce he has consulted officials at the Vatican - the home of the Catholic Church's leader Pope Benedict XVI - to see if he can get an annulment.

Church officials reportedly declined to issue him with one.

Robyn - who married the star in 1980, shortly after his breakthrough movie 'Mad Max' - could be entitled to half of Mel's 640 million fortune. This includes the 26 million Catholic church he owns in Malibu, a private island in Fiji, a ranch in Costa Rica and several properties in Malibu.

The pair did not sign a pre-nuptial agreement before tying the knot, but Mel appears unconcerned about the prospect of losing so much money.

A source told the Chicago Sun Times newspaper, "No one doubts Robyn will get half of Mel's fortune, but he's acting like he doesn't care.

"He once told me, 'How many millions do you have to have to feel secure? Once you're over the $100 million point, it's just a lot of paper piling up.' "

I've always been a fan of Mel Gibson but his behaviour over the past few years has been infuriating. Between his racist rants and now all the things coming out about how he's treated his wife for years, it's a wonder she didn't divorce him long ago.

But he is right in what he says about the money. Nobody on earth needs that amount of cash and it won't harm his lifestyle one little bit if he loses half of it (or 90% of it for that matter).

The bit about the annulment is a puzzle though, I wonder what grounds he thought he had for it after nearly 30 years of marriage and seven children? I'm glad they turned him down.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mel Gibson

Post by Lou on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Can't say I've really noticed him in the papers much. But I agree, an annulment after all this time is stretching things a bit. Shades of Henry VIII thinking there!!

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 am

Wouldn't an annulment make the Gibson children illegitimate? I know it doesn't mean the same these days as it did years ago but no wonder they're not talking to their dad. Evil or Very Mad
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down